Pages

Shabby blogs background

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Project 12 - December 2011

I know it's only January 3rd and usually I procrastinate and wait until the very last day to post my Project 12 layout but ... I knew which photos I was going to use a couple weeks ago so figured, why wait?

Here's the sketch we were given:

And here's my interpretation:

As you can see, I stuck really close to the sketch this month. If the shots of Marley and Paige had been portrait instead of landscape it would have been even closer! As soon as I saw the sketch I thought of these pictures and knew that December was NOT going to be about Christmas (that's pretty well covered in my December Daily anyway), it was going to be about our first family pictures since Christine was born.

Here are close ups of each page and some of the embellishments. 



These were a lot of fun to make. I started with some plain grey card stock which I painted with Martha Stewart Glitter paint in Antique silver (I also painted it onto the purple border strip at the top of the layout.) I then inked the edges with Stampin' Up! Concord Crush ink (the title letters were also lightly brushed with this purple ink). The white flowers are old acrylic ones from my stash (I think they might be American Crafts) and the patterned paper flowers were punched out using two Stampin' Up! punches - 1 3/4" Scalloped Circle and the new Blossom Punch (from the Occasions Mini which goes live tomorrow). I inked the edges of them and curled them a bit with my fingers before attaching everything with a brad from my stash (probably Basic Grey).


Well, that's it. My Project 12 album for 2011 is done. Except for a title page which I hope to work on soon.
Scrapbook and Cards Today isn't going to be running this challenge in 2012 exactly as I've gotten used to it, but they have put out teasers about it coming back in a different format so I'll keep you posted on that. I for one really love making a month in review type page every month so I'll be continuing my own Project 12 for 2012. Once I see what SCT does (they are announcing on Jan 12th) I'll figure out what format I want to have. 
Until then, enjoy these pictures of my family one more time. I look forward to seeing your P12 layouts!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my, aren't you the keener! Just kidding, but seriously, I think this is my favorite of your pages EVER!!! I love it, everything about it is just beautiful! And high five for getting your album done, that is awesome! Feels good, don't it? Oh wait, I wouldn't know, 'cause mine's not done, but don't you worry, I'm getting there! You should link this (or your DD, or both!) at Creative Accents challenges, the prompt is Christmas, and I get to vote on the winner this month, woohoo! Actually, I better get over there and see who else has entered. Toodles! (Too much Winnie the Pooh today!)

    ReplyDelete