Pages

Shabby blogs background

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Practical Scrappers: 10 Ways to Use Embossing Powder

Today, over at Practical Scrappers, we're sharing 10 ways to use Embossing Powder. Make sure you head over to the site to check out all the great ideas our Design Team is sharing with you!

I decided to create my own background paper with it. Here is my layout.


I took a Stampin' Up! stamp (Flowering Flourishes) and created the pattern by alternating the orientation of the stamp. Once I'd stamped the whole page, I sprinkled the embossing powder over all the stamped images  and that way was able to emboss the entire page at once. 

Here you can see the shine the embossing powder gives the paper. If you have flocking powder, this would be a really fantastic technique to try!

And this is a better shot of the detail of the stamped images. I meant to take a picture of the paper before I added everything else on top but ... ah well. At least you can get an idea of how the whole page looks!

I decided to take the embossing theme and really run with it by creating these blocks of dry embossed card stock to my layout. I used 4 different folders - lattice, woodgrain, chevron and vintage wallpaper. 

The stamp set is a really old Martha Stewart set that I found in my stash.

Thanks for stopping by today. Don't forget to check out the other Design Team projects on the Practical Scrappers blog today!

No comments:

Post a Comment