Pages

Shabby blogs background

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Project 12 - January 2010

I read about Project 12 here which is a year long challenge put on by Scrapbook & Cards Today. Basically at the end of each month you make one layout (or more if you've had a busy month which I expect February to be!) that summarizes your month. They give you a sketch to use as a starting point (or to completely reject - whatever your preference) and you have until the 20th of the following month to upload your layout. There are monthly prizes too! This year the sketches are all from Becky Fleck of PageMaps and so far they are awesome! You can check out the Januray sketch here. (I used this sketch once already - for Marley's Baby Shower layout here.) This time I actually reversed it as I found it worked better with my pictures that way.

The papers (except for the kraft, pink and chocolate cardstock) are from a couple different Martha Stewart packs that I found at Homesense - one of which came with a coordinating album which I figure is perfect to hold the whole project. I need to come up with a cover page but that can wait a while I think!
Here are some pictures of the details:

The flowers I made with my Cuttlebug (thanks Sandra!) and the Flowers Die. I used 3 different papers then just by combining shapes and colours and using a Basic Grey brad to hold them all together I got some pretty neat results. I also glued some of the flower shapes onto the layout first then attached my flower on top for a larger total embellishment. You can see in this one below that I also attached some ribbon.

I figure I can try to add pictures of the girls (like these ones below) to every months layout as a kind of record of change. Not that Paige and Marley change too much on a month to month basis but LC sure does!

You may have noticed that even though I have the large journalling card I also added little comments on the pictures. I figured this was a good way to make it more personal. No matter how big the journalling block, I can always find more to say!! And some things just need to be written right on the pictures like the one at the bottom of LC grabbing Charlie's bum - it needed a little funny comment so I wrote "Grabbing some hiney!"


Thanks for checking out my latest layout!

Today I am grateful for ...
... cooler temperatures which MAY mean some actual snow on the local mountains for the Olympics (keep praying everybody!) ...
... my health and the ability to run ...
... my parents, who had a dream of emmigrating to Canada because they heard it was so beautiful and now I get to experience something so amazing as the Olympic Games here!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful layout. I like that you reversed the sketch. I especially love those flowers!

    ReplyDelete