Pages

Shabby blogs background

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Baby Shower LO

Time for another scrapbook layout for Marley's Baby Album.

Sorry to all the folks out there (anyone? anyone? Bueller? Bueller?) that check this blog for updates on the daily lives of the Days. I'm in a scrapping-zone at the moment and there really hasn't been too much exciting/blog worthy to report. The Olympics start next weekend and the torch is running through Delta on Tuesday so ... stay tuned! There's BOUND to be excitement then!! Oh, and for anyone keeping track, Marley will be turning 6 in a few weeks so there's sure to be a party or something to blog about!! Probably. She DOES have her first loose tooth right now which is incredibly exciting for her but which Greg and I are already getting sick of hearing about! Kids have a way of grabbing onto a subject and talking it to death, don't they?

Back to the layout ... This is of Marley's baby shower that my sister-in-law threw for us. I used a PageMaps sketch again (actually for the January's Project 12  over at Scrapbook and Cards today - I hope to participate in this challenge too) as I had a lot of pictures I wanted to try to fit on. I'm sort of in the habit right now of printing off the pictures I want to use in both a 4x6 size and a 2x3 size. That way I can mix and match them on a layout. I'll figure out what to do with the leftovers at another time!! LOL! Oh, and this time I remembered to take a picture of the two pages together (after I started this post mind you!)



 

I had originally intended to use a piece of pink cardstock but when I put the orange down I liked the effect so much I kept it. The butterflies are more of the ones I got from Sandra - I used two joined in the centre by a piece of the Pop Dots "extra" (i.e. the sticky back foam that all those wonderful dots are housed in. I actually use this part to give dimension to a lot of my lo's - can't bear to waste perfectly good dimensional adhesive!) Once the two butterflies were stuck together I added a Martha Stewart blingy to, well, bling it up a little! Here is a closeup of the butterflies:


And more detail shots:


My sister-in-law Jo's Mum (Amma Lynne) somehow managed to get Marley to fall asleep on her tummy and we got a picture. How cute is she, eh?! She never slept like that again though! Amma Lynne is magic!!

All right, off to scrap Marley's First Easter!

1 comment:

  1. This is gorgeous! I love the butterflies! And thanks for checking out my blog, you're more than welcome to steal the princess party invite - hopefully you get the opportunity!

    ReplyDelete