Pages

Shabby blogs background

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

I normally let "holidays" like St.Patrick's Day go by without much acknowledgement but for some reason I decided to make an Irish feast tonight. Now, I know this isn't a food blog but ...

... feast your eyes on this!

Irish Soda Bread

Irish Stew with Colcannon (mashed potatoes with cabbage and bacon - yum!)

What's an Irish holiday without a little Guinness?
I needed one can for the stew so obviously Greg and I needed to use up the rest of the 4-pack!! :)
(There's still one left that I may put into a Guinness cake or something ... ) 

The girls did surprisingly well with the new food so dessert was in order - ice cream with green (and red and white - i.e. Christmas) sprinkles.

Paige in her green ...

... a slightly manic looking Marley in her green (note the new gap - I'll talk about that in tomorrows post!) ...

... and even LC got in the spirit of the day and wore a green dress.

There you have it. Just a quick post while the girls are dancing off the ice cream.
Hope you had a fun day where ever you are!
See you tomorrow. I've already started the post 'cus it's a long one!!

No comments:

Post a Comment