Pages

Shabby blogs background

Sunday, January 2, 2011

My Happiness Project

My sister-in-law, Christine, peaked my interest by talking about a book called "The Happiness Project" by Gretchen Rubin. Since I've been struggling with my own sense of UN-happiness the past couple years, I decided to check it out. I bought it and have started reading it and ... wow! I feel like she wrote it for me!!! I'm sure a lot of readers have felt that way! I'm only 42 pages in but I'm sold on the idea of a Happiness Project. I've gone to the website and signed up to join the challenge. I'm psyched!! I don't really need to add anything to my plate but ... what the heck. It's ultimately supposed to help me reach the goal that all my other "projects" are too!

Join me if you want - I think you just need to click on the icon in my side bar.

*** In my eagerness for this project I think I signed up for something that I didn't intend to (doh!) and the link on my side bar took you to this Happiness Project site which I still can't figure out. Anyway, I have since switched the icon and now it takes you to The Happiness Project Blog (by the author of the book). From there you can explore what it's all about. If you are interested in starting your own HP I would recommend reading the book, then check out the Happiness Project Toolbox at www.happinessprojecttoolbox.com. There you can set up your own Personal Commandments and Secrets to Adulthood. Sorry for the screw up. Hope you have fun with this, I know I plan too. ***

Well, off to shower and tackle de-Christmassing the house.
Plus see what sort of mess the girls have been making with play-dough in the kitchen.
I suspect it's quite extensive.

*Sigh*

1 comment:

  1. I could definitely use some more happiness too! I checked out the website briefly, but I couldn't really figure out what the actual "project" is. I'll have to look again, but just wanted you to know that I'll be looking into it, for sure!

    ReplyDelete