Pages

Shabby blogs background

Thursday, February 7, 2013

LOAD213 Day 7 - Get Outside

Another day, another LOAD layout to share. I am the featured artist again today (aside: seeing my layouts on Lain's videos gives me goosebumps, you know, the happy kind!) and my prompt was to scrap a nature photo. I don't have a shortage of nature photos, but I was looking for one without the usual people in it (you know, the girls, Greg, etc) and those seemed a little bit harder to come by. Then I saw this one and I knew it was The One!

This was taken from the deck of the Boat House (UBC Rowing Club's facility on the Fraser Slough in Richmond) when we were attending one of Greg's friends' weddings in the summer of '09. It was SUCH a hot day that we spent most of that reception outside trying to get some sort of breeze to keep the kids cool (I think the AC had broken or something). Anyway, it led to some great sunset photos including this one. I love that you can see the moon too.

To play up on the colours of the sunset I created the piece of patterned paper you see here (the ripped one) by messily colouring lines of Gelatos, spritzing the paper liberally with water and then using my finger to blend the colours together. The rip came once the paper was dry. The original piece was too large and when I was  cutting it down to size it just seemed wrong to have a straight line. So ... rrrrriiiip ... and voila!

The wavy texture happened as the paper dried and I love it!

I found these flowers a while back in the $1 bin at Michael's. Their colours were perfect for this!

Well, thanks for popping by today. Would love it if you left a comment telling me what you think or, if you're registered in LOAD maybe I'll see you on the message boards. I haven't had a chance to hop on there yet as we have been in Mexico on a family holiday but I'm hoping that I'll get on there today. I spent all day Wednesday dealing with my over flowing inbox(es) so maybe (after I do a mountain of laundry, figure out what we're eating this week, shop for it, verify my work schedule ...) I'll be able to play a little bit now. Scrap even! Gasp!! I haven't touched a single scrappy item in over a week and I'm starting to have withdrawal symptoms!!

2 comments:

  1. I can see why this layout was picked! Awesome job! The photo is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, yes, the west coast sunsets! Miss seeing those! Congrats on being a featured artist - you're really on a roll!!! This is gorgeous, really love what you did with those gelatos!

    ReplyDelete