Pages

Shabby blogs background

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Practical Scrappers - Valentine's Inspired by Pinterest

Happy Valentine's Day!
My girls have been looking forward to this day for awhile now - hope my little love offerings on the kitchen table will be met with joy, love and appreciation! Or at the very least, no sneers and tears!

My cards to them were inspired by Pinterest. Have you been sucked into the Pinterest world? I have. Somewhat. If you'd like to follow me I can be found here. Not sure what the heck I'm talking about? Pinterest is a web site that allows you to set up virtual pin boards for different interests. (For instance, I've recently created a Valentine's Day Ideas board.) As you're trolling the internet looking for inspiration, instead of printing off images to stick to your actual bulletin board above your desk, you can 'pin' the image to your Pinterest board and visit them whenever you want. Others can follow your boards and be inspired by you and vice versa.  

So now that you know the premise, let me tell you why I felt the need for the mini lesson! Today over at Practical Scrappers, we are featuring many different Valentine's projects all inspired by images found on Pinterest. Make sure you check them out! 

This was the image I chose as my inspiration. It originally came from a site called Fern Smith's Classroom Ideas

I love the recycling of paint swatches, the punched out hearts, the ombre colours (a really hot trend still) and the fact that they are book marks!

But I wanted to make cards to I used the ombre idea, the pinks and reds and the punched hearts as my ultimate inspiration and made these.


I went into my card stock scrap bag and pulled out all my Stampin' Up pinks and reds. After playing around with the various colours I came up with this gradation. But I felt each layer needed a little something so I used one of my border punches to create added texture. 

The stamps you see on the hearts are an old SU stamp set (it was in my "to be sold" pile but I may have to rethink that now!) I popped up one heart on pop dots and added a heart shaped gem for a bit of sparkle. Every little girl likes a bit of bling, right?

I am SO pleased with these! I know my girls are a bit young to appreciate them like I do but ... it makes me happy to make beautiful things. In the end, that's all that matters!

Hope you are having a fantastic Valentine's Day! Thanks for stopping by today, I hope I've managed to inspire you a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment