Pages

Shabby blogs background

Friday, January 29, 2010

Bath Time!

Here is the new LO I promised ...


Marley was our first baby and while we did get the "how to give your baby a bath" lessons in our prenatal classes AND watched the nurse at the hospital quite carefully, somehow once we were home and having to do it all on our own on a real live baby ... not so much fun!! The pictures do not show me sitting on the floor in my bathrobe (I guess I was thinking she was going to splash me or something) crying that I was not fit to be a Mom 'cus I couldn't give my daughter a bath! They do show Greg's arm (top right pic) because he ended up taking over! And you'll probably notice we did all this in the kitchen sink - she got to bathe amidst the rice cooker, the coffee grinder, and all manner of potentially toxic things!  LOL! Ah, live and learn!! 3 kids later ... bath time is a relatively painless process. Relatively!!

Here are some close ups of the details and journalling:


The flower was a decoration on a goodie bag our girls received at a wedding we went to in the summer. I KNEW I'd end up using it somewhere!! I cut out the letters from an old cereal box and glittered them myself so closeup you can kind of see the UPC code peaking through but ... I'm going to pretend they're perfect!! I drew and cut the waves out freehand - not too shabby, right? :)











This is for the Design Dollies Colour Challenge which was to use a monochromatic blue scheme. It was actually a tough challenge for me. Having 3 girls I have PILES of pink paper but surprisingly little blue. Go figure! I was a bit worried about it looking too "boy-ish" but I think the flower, the ribbon and the sparkly letters keep it "girly". The sketch is actually a hybrid of last weeks Design Dollies sketch and last weeks Sketchy Thursday sketch which were eerily similar! I was hoping to finish the LO in time to enter it into both challenges but ... life has a way of keeping me from my scrapping!

Okay, one more LO down for Marley's Baby album ... unknown number to go!! The Elements Challenge at Design Dollies is to make a Birthday inspired project so I may skip from week one in her life to her first birthday and attempt to enter another challenge. My goodness! Two challenges in one month?! Can she do it?! Stay tuned to find out!

2 comments:

  1. ha!! love your narrative, Alison!! and your layout turned out GREAT! i am a fan, especially, of the cereal box letters - the UPC code would have been done on PURPOSE had this been me! :)

    great job, and YAY, on meeting the deadline! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the cutesy baby pics! Awwww! Love the repurposed cereal box! Way to think "outside the box" HA :) And I totally feel ya Momma. I can't count how many times DH had to take over with our first for the same reason :) thanks for playin with us!

    ReplyDelete