Pages

Shabby blogs background

Friday, January 29, 2010

Marley's 1st Birthday

Wow! Three posts in one day?! Hmmm ... I wonder who was looking after my kids today? LOL!!

I said I'd try my hand at the Design Dollies Elements Challenge and so I did. It was to make something Birthday themed and I scrapped Marley's 1st Birthday Party. I figure as long as I'm entering challenges I might as well make progress on Marley's Baby Scrapbook at the same time! This is a double page LO but I realized that I did not actually take a picture of it as a double layout. Hmmm... may have to add it later! I'm also entering the first page into the PageMaps Basic Grey Challenge. How appropriate that my papers are all Basic Grey (Cupcake line - which I received from the Design Dollies as part of a blog candy win - thank you Dollies!!)

Left Hand page of LO

Right Hand page of LO

Some details: The #1 is from a set of alphas I found at Homesense of all places! I didn't need another reason to shop there but ... whatd'yaknow!!

This was my first (and only for that matter) birthday cake I've made for my kids (it's been store bought or cupcakes since then!) - the icing around the outside was supposed to be pink in colour but ... it didn't really work out. Oh well. That's what I get for trying to do everything from scratch! The duck looked pretty cool though. Oh, and it was a carrot cake with cream cheese frosting ... YUM!

The pack of BG paper came with a page of sticker embellishments with a ready made title! Sweet! No wonder I could scrap the whole LO in only a couple hours!

I did a little poem as my journalling - it sort of just came out that way! It reads;
"Time flies when you're having fun.
Can you believe that Marley is ONE?!
I made you a cake with a duck.
You blew out the candle for luck.
Cousins were there, fun was had, oh what a year!"

I received these green shiny alphas from Anne at BASB as part of an awesome (and totally unexpected - thought it was going to be a gift certificate) RAK and I just knew the colour would be perfect here! Marley has always loved parties - maybe it started here?


She even liked the cake!!

Well, there we go. Another 2 pages done in Marley's album. Yay! Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

  1. Awww! Super cute! Love these pics and pages! Thanks for playin with us again! :)

    ReplyDelete