Pages

Shabby blogs background

Sunday, December 26, 2010

December Daily - Days 19 and 20

** Second post of the day. For Day 18 go here.**

I think I kind of checked out for these two days.
The activity filled weekend and the busyness of the last week of school caught up to me and I switched off. It's nice to do that once in a while.
I sat down to lay out these days and couldn't remember what we did though! Whoops! Too much of a check out I think. But once I opened up Picasa I saw the Project 12 layout and remembered that I actually got scrappy on Day 19 and did most of my "checking out" on Day 20.

So, here we go ...

Day 19:
After a fairly slow morning of computer time, watching TV and snuggling, Greg took all 3 girls to Go Bananas in Richmond. As he is the coach of Marley's soccer team, he organized the Christmas party for them and figured since the weather is unpredictable at best, and since we'd been away the day before, meeting the team at a place where they could run wild and have some one else clean up after them was a great idea. And he was right! They all had a blast!
I took the opportunity to scrap Days 16 and 17 and then remembered that my November layout for Project 12 was due on the 20th so pulled that out. It was fun to work in "full size" again! I even got a tiny head start on December's layout while I had everything out.

I kept things simple for this day. The main page has journalling plus some embellishments and the back of it has a collage of my scrappy creations.  

Day 20: 
Another "do nothing" day. This was the first real Christmas Vacation day so I took full advantage of the fact that I didn't have to hurry up and shower, get Marley's lunch packed and hustle 3 girls out the door to do the school drop offs. I was determined to stay in my PJ's as long as possible and even after I (reluctantly) showered and got dressed, I put on some music and read a book. The girls cooperated for the most part by playing nicely with each other! Miracles do happen!!

For my main page I simple journalled at the top of the page, added a tag from a recently purchased pair of pj's and a photo taken with the self timer of me reading on the couch. I didn't show the back here (check out my Day 21 post) but I just adhered a piece of patterened paper to it. Simple. Easy. Done. 

Thanks.



1 comment:

  1. Yes miracles do happen, but not here on that day 20! Haha, I just have to laugh because that is exactly how I would want to spend my day 20, and it ended up being the worst day of December yet! Beautiful pages, I love the self-timer idea!

    ReplyDelete