Pages

Shabby blogs background

Friday, December 16, 2011

December Daily - Day 11

Only a few days late! Told you it was going to be a busy week!!

Day Eleven:

As you can see, this day was all about decorating the tree. I woke up with a head cold so wasn't "feeling it" (if you know what I mean!) but started the process by stringing the lights. Unfortunately, we discovered that 2 of the 4 strings were dead and rather than hunt for the one (or maybe two) burnt out bulbs, I went to the store for new lights. While I was doing that, Greg took all 3 girls to soccer - the thought being that I'd then get a couple hours to rest and recover. Not so much! I got a call in between their games to come and pick up LC as she was freezing and crying. Apparently her pants were too thin!

After the girls and Greg returned from soccer, they got to work on the tree while I dozed on the couch. I did manage to snap a few pictures of them at work.

For this side I added the note from the advent calendar on a flap of paper (not crazy about the backside of the paper but will leave if for now - just realizing I may have glued the note to the wrong side of the paper - doh!) I included a large picture of the finished tree and then some close ups of this years ornaments. Since starting the advent calendar I've given the girls an ornament for their own collections, so this year it was these cute snowmen bells. Christine and Paige typically get one with their names on it but Marley ... well, it's a little tougher to find her name on your standard ornament!! To celebrate my start with Stampin' Up! I made our yearly ornament (each year we buy a new ornament to highlight something that happened that year for our family) using Stampin' Up! products. 


There you have it. Day 12 was a run around day so no pictures. I may have to do more journalling strips and then focus on Day 13 which was the girls concert. But before I get to that, I need to take the wee one to Toys R Us for some more Christmas shopping. 
Have a great day and I'll "talk" to you soon!

1 comment:

  1. I've been really bad, not getting to read your posts, but I blame Nolan and Ailis - they've been hogging the computer!!! Your tree looks great, and I love the ornament idea - such a great tradition! Hugs, Roxy.

    ReplyDelete