Pages

Shabby blogs background

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Off to Granny Camp

Well, Greg and I are staring down the barrel of a week without the kids. What ever are we to do?!

(Ha, ha, ha! Sorry, had to pick myself up off the floor just then as I was laughing so hard!!)

I think I won the jackpot when it comes to in-laws. They live in Victoria and since we are a hop, skip and jump from the ferry terminal, come over at least once a month to visit. They are REALLY good at looking after the girls if we need them too (even allowing Greg and I to take our little California Trip last year) and for the past several years have run a "Granny Camp" for our girls and our nephews (not at the same time!!) This year is a greatly extended version as I had to have a little "procedure" the other day and am not supposed to life anything over 30lbs for a week. Since LC is now over 30lbs that raised a bit of an issue. Grandma and Grandpa to the rescue! They have been here since Wednesday afternoon entertaining the kids and allowing me to rest and recover and just a few minutes ago rode off into the morning sunshine destined for Victoria.

Everybody in!

Bye Bye Mommy!!

Driving off.

Look closely at the little face in the rear window. That's my Paige with her mouth wide open and tongue hanging out. What a goof! Gonna miss that finny face!!

So, here I am, blogging. Shocking I know! I feel like I haven't been very good at keeping this blog updated lately. Life is busy, sure. But life is always busy! I've just not been very inspired to write about our daily lives lately I guess. But I promise, that is going to change. A few years ago I blogged every day for 15 days and even though those posts were totally random, it felt really good to spill something onto a page (virtual as it may be) every day. It is my intention to find my groove again with this blog and with life. Hope it's not too painful for you all!! To help me out, I've signed up for Shimelle Lain's Blogging for Scrapbookers class. It's full of great suggestions for post topics so ... wish me luck?

That's all for today. I've got a project due for Practical Scrappers that is causing me a tiny bit of grief. At least I should have peace and quiet today to work it out! Oh, and a word of advice for my female readers (that's basically all of you I know!) keep up those yearly appointments with your doctor! As icky as the physical exams are, catching something at a stage where it is treatable is worth every instance of putting your feet in the stirrups and "scootching your bum" down to end of the table!! I'm fine. Just had to have a LEEP done on Thursday. Look it up ladies, just be warned there is a high cringe factor involved!!

Have a great day everyone. Hope the sun is shining where you are as brightly as it is here. Finally!! Summer has decided to show up here in the Lower Mainland!! I was really getting worried there for a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment