Pages

Shabby blogs background

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Celebrating the number 3

Practical Scrappers is celebrating their 3rd Anniversary all week and today the Design Team created projects highlighting the number 3. Since I have 3 gorgeous girls, I decided to feature them in this layout.


I have been wanting to do something like this for awhile. I've seen lots of examples on various sites but I'm afraid I can't give a specific shout out. I'd say I've been inspired and influenced by many!!
During  my pre-garage sale purge I found a few packs of these large glittery white alphas. One was complete and unopened so it went into the garage sale pile but the incomplete ones stayed in my stash. I pulled them out for this layout and prayed I had the letters I needed. Well ... I had almost all the letters! I took the L, O, V, Y and U and sprayed them with a couple different Mister Huey's to get a reddish pick colour. It's a pretty close match to the patterned paper which was my goal. I wanted all the design elements (photo, title and journalling) to read as one block in a sea of white alphas. 

Here's a closer look at the title and journalling tag. I used an Elle's Studio tag - the journalling reads: "My {heart}. My soul. My Life. All in 3 beautiful packages."

I tucked 3 punched hearts under the letters to represent my 3 daughters.

Well, I hope you enjoyed this. I had a lot of fun doing it and may try this technique again. I am never at a loss for half used alphabet sets!! Remember to enter the giveaway over at Practical Scrappers!
Have a great week everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment