Pages

Shabby blogs background

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Practical Scrappers: 10 Things to do With Washi Tape

Today over at Practical Scrappers we are showing you a lot of different things you can do with the hottest of hot paper crafting trends - Washi Tape. Here is my contribution.


Can you tell what is made with washi tape? On this layout there are 3 embellishments all made with washi tape. The large layered flower by the title and the two smaller flower/ribbon embellishments on the middle left and the lower right. Here are some close ups to help you see the details.


I belong to a scrapping community called ScrapHappy and every month our fearless leader Lain Ehmann holds a webinar to teach us something new. In May the webinar was called "Washi Tape Wahoo!" and it inspired me to start playing with my meager stash. The guest instructor, Monica Bradford, created a similar flower so I gave it a try. Only on a much larger scale!

To create these I started by covering a piece of scrap card stock with the washi tape and then I used my punches to cut out flowers and circles of the different colours of tape. Once layered the flowers and circles create these blue ribbon type embellishments.

I stuck the washi tape to itself and then cut notches into the ends for the "ribbons".

Here's another look at the large layered flower.

Hope you enjoyed these ideas. Please be sure to pop over to the Practical Scrappers Blog for more unique ways to use up your stash of washi tape (I know you have one, don't try to hide it!!)


1 comment:

  1. Hey, Alison, was reading some of your posts this morning, now that I have internet, so thought I'd better stop by and leave you some love! This page is wonderful!!! I love your washi tape flowers! I must admit that I haven't played around a whole lot with my small stash of washi, only using it to tape stuff down and make some ruffles, so I'm off to check out the Practical Scrappers blog now. Hugs, Roxanne.

    ReplyDelete