Pages

Shabby blogs background

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Practical Scrappers March Sketch

Today on the Practical Scrappers blog we have a sketch to share. It's by our very own Liz Chidester (VERY talented lady!!) and as you can see, we've taken it in very different directions. Here's the sketch and my interpretation of it.



These are photos of Greg and my two younger daughters as they played in the pool during Marley's recent 9th birthday party. I was too far away to get pictures of Marley and her friends playing but liked the idea of recording this story as a bit of an aside to the main party story. 
The blue and yellow colour scheme is a bit of a departure for me but the pictures just seemed to call for it. I fussy cut all those doily images from a sheet of Echo Park paper. The addition of hits of black and green keep the layout interesting by helping move your eye around the page.

My title is a long one (I'm really liking creating long titles right now - they're fun) and is made up of 4 different letter stickers. Partly because I didn't necessarily have all the letters I needed in one font, partly for space considerations but mostly because it is more interesting to break up a long title like this rather than have it all in the same lettering.

Another bonus of using long titles is that is act as a jump start to your journaling. Here, my journaling basically starts where my title leaves off.

Just a random close up of some of my embellishments. Layers of border stickers and washi in the corner with a grouping of a gem, enamel dot and coloured pearl. The large doily is popped up on foam adhesive to give more dimension to the page.

Thanks for stopping by today. At time of publication the corresponding post has not gone live yet on the Practical Scrappers site but keep checking back as there are some truly lovely layouts being shared by our designers. Meanwhile you can have fun seeing how our Technique Team finds new ways to show off their stamps.

On a personal note, I am in the middle of setting up a new on line home for my design work. It's still pretty messy right now but once the dust settles I'll post a link here and on Facebook. I hope all my followers will make the move with me and to help entice you across I will be giving away a free 12 week class. Hope to see you all there .... eventually!!! Thanks for your support over the years. It's because of you that I have the courage to make this leap from free Blog to hosted web site!! You rock!!



3 comments:

  1. I love what you've done with these papers! Aren't those doilies fun to cut? The pop of yellow really looks fabulous!

    Sorry I haven't been by in a while, I guess work has impeded my blogging more than I thought it would. We'll be moving into our new house at the end of April, if all goes well, and then I'll have no designated scrapping space. I'm not sure what I'm going to do - hey, maybe I should have a friend with Interior Design knowledge come up for a visit, hint hint! But, whether the move slows down my scrapping or not, you know I'll be your first follower at your new site! Can't wait to see what you've got in store, yeehaw!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great take on the sketch, I like how you kept the photo arrangement the same, and then played up the circular elements and the colors from the sketch...nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not sure if my previous comment went through, so forgive me if this is a repeat, lol.
    I love your take on Liz's sketch...great way to keep the photo arrangement the same, and then play up the circles and colors from the sketch!
    ~Keri

    ReplyDelete