Pages

Shabby blogs background

Friday, April 1, 2011

5 on Friday - April 1st (No Foolin'!)

I've been working on another post that I hope to finish today too so this post is going to be a Spring Break Recap type post. It's gone by pretty quickly. 2 weeks. 3 kids. 24/7. Yup, there were a few not so stellar moments in the Mommy department. But all in all, I think we survived.

Here are some highlights from this past week.

1. Decorating LC's cake.

We had the family over on Sunday to celebrate LC's 2nd birthday and Marley and Paige got to help decorate the cake. I didn't get a picture of Paige putting the sprinkles on - mostly because I was too busy trying to keep her from a) dipping the sprinkle shaker in the icing and b) putting the entire contents of said sprinkle shaker onto one spot of the cake (namely the Happy Birthday Christine bit!) Here's Marley adding her own special touches to the cake!


2. Still Celebrating LC.

As I said, we had the family over to celebrate LC's 2nd birthday. She had lots of help opening her presents but managed to blow out the candles on her own!




Here's a close up of the cake - sorry, I know it's a bit blurry but I wanted to show you the load of sprinkles that obscures the word "Christine" (just behind the '2' candle.) Oh well. Nobody cared - least of all LC!

3. OLW Painting 
I was cleaning up my craft table after the birthday layout I did for LC and I suddenly felt like painting. So I grabbed my paints, a piece of white, 8.5 x 11" cardstock and got to it. I didn't have a plan. I just started painting.  After it dried I scanned it, edited it a bit in Picasa and then added some text.
Here's the final product.

This was a ton of fun and I will definitely do this again. I printed this full size and it's in my OLW album.

Paige saw it and wanted to do her own painting. Since LC was napping I decided the older two could paint. They had a ton of fun too. Here are some pictures.
 

In case you're wondering, the black trays they're using are old Costco food platters trays. I started keeping them after our first Open House and they are perfect for doing crafts on. It corrals the mess enough to make it palatable for me to let them do messy things like this in the house. I know, I'm a crafty mess Nazi!


This is Paige's finished canvas (I found a 2-pack in the cupboard that I've been hoarding for awhile.) 

And Marley's.  

Next came the hand prints! 

This was so successful that I even went out and purchased more, larger canvasses for them. We are just waiting for an afternoon when LC's napping to break them out.

4. Abbotsford Day Out
On Tuesday we went out to Abbotsford to spend some time with Ammee and Poppa. I brought Paige's bike and Marley's scooter. The little road down to their house has a steep enough grade to allow the girls to fly down it. AND cause some serious heart failure on the part of Ina and myself! Lucky for us, they managed to avoid any wipeouts!



Even though it was threatening rain (and we eventually did  get wet), we went up to the local park.

Ina gave underducks. 

When we got back Ina found this ride on toy for LC. She immediately started walking up the hill with it! She wants to be just like her big sisters!!! I convinced her to start her descent at a much lower spot and we were all happy.

5. Chuck E Cheese!
Yesterday we met up with my sister-in-law Ileana and her kids at Chuck E. Cheese. I've never been there before and I must say it was not as bad as I thought it'd be. I could even do it again sometime! They do not force you to buy their food which was an unexpected bonus. We brought our lunch (saving serious $$) and used a coupon Ileana gave us to get extra tokens for the games. The kids had a blast! Marley and Jenna (aged 6) immediately joined forces and spent the whole time working together to earn tickets. In the end they had 366 tickets and picked out their prizes in such a friendly way. It was so lovely to see!


LC and Paige did what they could. Here is LC whacking the sharks! 

Paige liked the toddler rides! 
The 3 hours we spent there went by in a flash. By the time we left LC had stripped down to her diaper and was NOT about to get dressed to leave. I had to do what is becoming frighteningly frequent - haul her out to the van shoeless, jacketless and, in this case, skirtless too. She is 2 and not afraid to assert herself. It's going to be a long year!!

Well, that's all for now. I am off to get showered and dressed and figure out what to do with this yucky, rainy day. Hope the weather's better where you are! Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment