Pages

Shabby blogs background

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Day two - San Fransisco and Napa

Hi Marley, Paige and LC.
Thank you for your emails. I really missed you today! It was my first Mother's Day without my girls and I think I may not want to do this again anytime soon. Daddy and I are having a lot of fun but I wished I could give you all hugs today!

Anyway, on to our day ...

After getting to sleep in and after breakfast at Starbucks (so I could write yesterday's blog post) we checked out of our hotel and then walked over to Union Square. It's the main shopping district in San Fransisco. In my bag is something for Grandma (shhh ... don't tell her!!) But there is also a Square (a meeting area/open space) and at each corner is a sculpture of a heart. I thought that since it was Mother's Day a picture of me in front of the heart was appropriate. I love you guys!!

Here's Daddy in the Square.

I don't think I took any pictures yet of palm trees so here's one. There are tons of them around here.

After looking at all the stores but only shopping in a few (Daddy picked out a pair of sunglasses that are for his birthday from you girls!), we made our way over to Chinatown. This is a picture of the gates at the entrance. 

Here is a picture of the main street through Chinatown. Do you like all the lanterns and banners? It was very festive!

Chinatown is also known for its cool looking buildings.

Here's Daddy in front of another one.

Then we found some lunch. We checked out a different restaurant but since the line up was so long we had time to check out this Dim Sum restaurant and got seated right away. Grandma and Grandpa will appreciate that we STUFFED ourselves for only $32!! It was an authentic Chinatown experience and the food was yummy! Our favourite thing was the shrimp dumplings!!!

After lunch we headed back to the car and drove to Napa.

Here is our hotel room.

And Daddy joking around with the wine glasses that were in the room.
Silly Daddy!

You guys would love this hotel! At 6:00PM they serve freshly baked cookies (tonight it was chocolate chip pecan) with ice cold milk. Soooooo yummy!!

Okay girls, that's all for tonight. Have a good day at school/preschool/ballet!
Good night! XOXOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment