Pages

Shabby blogs background

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Finishing my 5 on Friday!

Due to Blogger issues (and the fact that we were packing up to leave for a few days) I only got 2 of my 5 random things posted on Friday. Please indulge me in completing this list today.  (It's now Wednesday and I started this "completion" post on Sunday night!! Yikes!! Let's get it on!!)

I did add a supply list and a tiny comment to the Year of Days project I posted on Friday (check out that post here.)

3. Ballet Recital Sneaks

This all happened while Greg and I were away and I owe a HUGE thank you to my friend Trish for helping my girls get ready for their ballet photos. Of course picture day was the day we left for San Fran! The girls needed to be in their costumes with performance hair done for these pictures. It was a bit much to expect Grandma and Grandpa to do all this so Trish offered to take the girls in the morning and get them ready along with her girls. Here they are ...

Marley (on left) and Amanda are going to be Lilac Fairies in the upcoming production of Sleeping Beauty.

And Sarah and Paige (on right) are Little Beauties. They also have a white layered tulle skirt that goes under the pink skirt of the bodysuit.

We have been growing out Paige's hair all year but it's a painfully slow process. Poor kid has baby hair still! While Marley's has grown about 8 inches, her's has only grown about 2. Still, Trish managed to get it into a bun as required. They called it the TimBit! (If you're not Canadian there's a good chance you won't get that!! LOL)

4. LOAD Day 15

I am seriously behind in my LOAD challenge! I knew I'd get behind while we were away but thought I'd be able to get right back at it once we got back. Somehow that didn't happen ... hmmm
But I did do the following layout for Day 15's prompt.
We were to scraplift one of Stephanie Howell's layouts. I chose this one ... "Every Single Moment".


Here's my take on it.
I had a lot of fun with this. I think I am discovering that my style may lean towards having larger amounts of white space than I thought. I admit to poo-pooing those scrappers who "wasted" an entire 12x12 sheet of cardstock just to surround one 4x6 (or gasp! a 2x3) picture with tons of flowers and die cuts and other emphemera. My most humble apologies!!
I am still learning how to curb my enthusiasm for covering the paper with photos and, for the near future while I'm still trying to play catch up with the girls baby albums, I will likely lean towards multi photo layouts over large expanses of white space but ... time will tell.

But back to the layout ... I stuck to the original quite closely at first. I liked the line up of 3 pictures with the embellishments tucked in on either side. Stephanie also placed her title words among the pictures and that was where I departed the sketch so to speak. Once I'd placed my title where I did I tried journalling in the same spot that she had but it didn't seem to work so I moved it to the right hand side.
But then the left hand side looked too plain (still a novice at this embracing the white space stuff!) I had some extra punched out butterflies so I thought I'd see how they look if I misted over them. I LOVE it!!! And then I added a couple smaller butterflies and traced around a couple and then added some bling.

Supplies: Cardstock (Bazzil I think), striped paper - American Crafts, doiles - Martha Stewart, butterfly punch - MS Punch All Over the Page, border punch - EKSuccess Open Scallop, alphas - AC Thickers, mist - Walnut Ink in Java.

5 ... I think it's a little late in the week to be thinking of a 5! Sorry.

Okay Blogland. That's all for now. I have been scrapping up a storm trying to get caught up on my LOAD challenges and Project 12 and OLW and .... Oh, I also signed up for 28 Days of Sketches through Big Picture Classes which I have yet to do even a single layout for so .... I think I may have bitten off more that I could chew in 3 months let alone one!! Today the girls have their first rehearsal for their upcoming ballet recital and I have someone coming to the preschool to check out some of our items for sale. Thankfully it's a short day for Marley so we have some time this afternoon to prep.

Speaking of Marley, I'd better go get her from school.
See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment