Pages

Shabby blogs background

Thursday, August 18, 2011

MotherLOAD Week 7

I received my weekly MotherLOAD email this morning ... we're into week 8 now. Hmmm ... I finished the layout for week 7 yesterday ... Oh well. Life has been busy and taken a turn for the crazy(er). While I have been spending hours in my scrap room/office, it's mostly been reading up on Stampin' Up! stuff, trying to figure out their site and learning about the fine art of Direct Sales. Ugh. Not sure I'm really cut out for all this cold calling and stuff but I'm doing my best to give it a shot.

But back to Week 7 ... we were to create a layout that conveyed a theme or emotion without using words. Here is mine, can you guess what my theme/emotion is?

If you guessed "play" you are correct!
Ways this says play: bright colours, diagonal placement of the circle elements (putting things on the diagonal suggests movement - there, my interior design training just paid off!! LOL!) and the circle elements themselves. Marley said they look like bubbles and while that wasn't the intention, she's right. This also adds to the playfulness of the layout, don't you think? I didn't add a title because I didn't feel it needed one. Sometimes, I think you can get away with no title. Let the pictures and your journalling speak for themselves.

And speaking of journalling, here's a close up of mine.

Products used: Cardstock - Bazzill (yellow) and scraps (white); Patterned paper - Bella Blvd and AC; Cicles - punched with my Cuttlebug (it's for sale on Craigslist if you want it!) and the Nestabilities circles. 

For week 8 Lain is talking about Inspiration and how we can get overwhelmed with our inspiration - too many ideas, too much product, too many photos. Check out this great post from layoutaday.com about burnout.  It is so timely as I've been feeling overwhelmed and not in a scrapping "mood". Since doing all those Apron Strings challenges in July, I've barely scrapped anything. I'm falling behind on my MotherLOAD work, I've printed the pictures for my July P12 layout but done nothing with them and my OLW ... well, the less said about THAT the better! Earlier in the summer I signed up for Big Picture Classes Big Idea Festival so now I've got more projects that aren't getting done. Yes, I suppose I could be a teensy bit over stretched! :) Add to that the fact that I've now signed up with Stampin' Up! and am trying desperately to learn all I can about the company, their products (I'm mostly familiar with them already thank goodness!) and the business of being a demonstrator for them. It's a ton of stuff firing at me at the same time. No wonder I'm feeling overwhelmed!

Anyway, I'm going to try and get into my craft room today to do some scrapping - if the girls will play nicely! I had an hour to myself last night to get some sales calls made and the promise of another hour tonight to make some more, so I think I can put aside the crafting business in favour of the crafting business for a bit. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, love the circles here! I actually have a bunch of scrap circles, this is a very cool idea to use them up! I'll make sure to remember the diagonal and use your design knowledge, too!

    And I knew it, Stampin' Up, very cool! I actually don't own any Stampin' Up products, but it's more by chance than avoidance. I've never been invited to any Stampin' up events, so never had a chance to purchase or explore their product line too much, but I've heard good things. Have you heard of Michelle Zindorff? If you haven't, you HAVE to google her and see the STUNNING cards she makes with white cardstock and stampin' up products, she's incredible! Anyway, good luck with this new endeavor, I know what it's like to be a new consultant (I've tried Creative Memories eons ago and Close to My Heart) and I commend you on making those cold calls (honestly can't stand calling people, I think I might have a phobia!). You will do great! Hugs, Roxy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. If you are interested in getting rid of some punches, yes, I'd be happy to take some off your hands!

    ReplyDelete