Pages

Shabby blogs background

Monday, January 21, 2013

Let's Get Sketchy Reveal Day

Can you believe it's Monday again already? It must be because there's a new sketch over at Let's Get Sketchy. Check it out ...

Please head over to the blog to see what the rest of my team did with this.
Here's mine.

I confess to cheating a tiny bit on this layout. I started with one of the pages I'd pre-planned for my Disney album! (Insert sheepish grin here!) When I say I'd pre-planned my page, I'd used Shimelle Lain's ideas from her "The Perfect Collection" class from True Scrap 3 (you can purchase it and other classes from True Scrap 3 here). She talked about taking a kit (either from a Kit Club or one you'd put together yourself for a specific project) and cutting the papers into various sized boxes straight away. Sounds scary I know but there is a method to her madness! Once the papers are cut up you create several base layouts - both single pages and double page spreads - and then all that's left is to add your pictures, embellishments and journaling. Before you know it you've got a pile of completed pages!

I was dithering over what to scrap for this sketch and in the end had to give myself a swift kick in the you know what and just get something DONE! Pre-made pages to the rescue! I felt the design of this was a good match to the sketch and then went from there. 

The flower here was made using some of the paper streamers the girls collected on this day. I used an extra large glue dot and just twisted and wrapped until it was covered. The brad finishes it off and is also handy for keeping stray ends in check.

I used lots of these word stickers on this and the stars were from my buddy Lain!

There wasn't a ton of space to journal but I managed to fit the basics on. If I want to add more at another time I can add a 6x12 insert or something.

While I technically did not use anything from my inventoried stash (yes, I am keeping track of all the papers I'm using up this year!) it still feels incredibly good to get one more Disney layout done. Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you will play along this week - remember there is a $40 GC to Artful Delight up for grabs this month.

4 comments:

  1. Love the layout and the photos! Very fun! I am taking Shimelle's Pretty Paper Party and I'm working on the prompt where we cut up the papers beforehand also. I hated doing it at first, but I've already made one layout and am kind of liking it! Your's looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! What an experience for your family. Would you believe we went to the Magic Kingdom and didn't see one single princess? lol Who does that? We just got there too late in the day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the title! And what wonderful technique too! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love everything about this layout!! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete