Pages

Shabby blogs background

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

20 months ... time seriously needs to slow down!

I had a weird moment today. I was unloading the dishwasher and two things happened. First, I was about to put LC's plastic spoon into the drawer when it struck me that she has been showing a preference lately for using metal ones like her sisters. So instead of putting it away I gathered up all the plastic cultery from the drawer and put it away ... for visiting children to use. Then I returned to the dishwasher and saw the new IKEA bowls and plates that we recently purchased for Marley and Paige. They had been showing a preference for using the Denby bowls at breakfast time and since our particular pattern was discontinued I thought my nerves would better handle them eating from, and potentially breaking, inexpensive bowls rather than irreplacable ones!

So what was my weird moment? My girls are all growing up so fast!! The baby years are rapidly falling behind us. LC was 20 months old today. 20 months!! That's only 4 months away from 24 months. And that's just Mommy Code for 2!!!! Sheesh!

Okay, just had to get that off my chest.
I'm looking forward to moving beyond dirty diapers and sleepless nights but I will miss the limp, sleepy baby cuddles and the cute footy pj's! I may even cry when Paige enters Kindergarten next year!

Yes, I'm turning into one of THOSE Mommies!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment