Pages

Shabby blogs background

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Day 7 and new challenge entry ... finally!

I finished the page below in about 15 minutes! It was magical how it all came together really.



This is for the weekly Trifecta challenge over at Design Dollies. This week the challenges were to use the colours red and grey, 7 - 10 flowers and their sketch. I had come across this picture of Greg and I the other day when I was searching for something completely different - isn't that always the way! It was taken at Lynn Canyon in North Vancouver by my cousin Crawford when he visited back in 2005. I originally thought it was pre-Marley but Greg reminded me how we were all worried about Marley and our nephew Matthew getting too close to the water. Anyway, as soon as I saw it I knew I wanted to scrap a layout but originally I thought I'd use blue to pick up on the blue shirts. Then I put it on a piece of red cardstock and loved how it looked so ... the rest is history as they say. It really just was magical and I'm totally happy with the result!! Hope you like it too.

Here are some closeups of the details:



I also got a start on my advent calendar ... it is proving a bit more challenging than I had thought but I will keep plugging away at it and post pics as soon as it's done.

Today I am thankful for ...
... late night chats with my husband ...
... little girls that are now big girls - Paige spent her first night without a Pullup and was completely dry! Yay!!
... coffee (LC was up a LOT last night!!)

Have a wonderful Sunday everyone!

3 comments:

  1. gorgeous, Alison! love how you've worked all three of our challenges this week into one fab layout! thanks again for supporting the Design Dollies! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute cute CUTE! I looked at the photo and thought that riverbed looked familiar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally impressive - 15 minutes!!

    Great LO - love all the colors :)

    ReplyDelete