Pages

Shabby blogs background

Sunday, November 8, 2009

Marley's Baby Scrapbook

I've just started scrapping an album for Marley and given that it can take me a week to do one page, it could take me a heck of a long time to document her 5 (almost 6) years of life!! Here's hoping I get it done to my satisfaction in a timely manner. We need our dining room table occasionally!!

This first page was started as a challenge entry but life got in the way of the challenge deadline so .... the important thing is that the page got finished. One down ....



The challenge was the Striped Challenge at Design Dollies. Marley picked out the main striped paper and once she did, the idea of entering the challenge and then the rest of the striped paper and other stripey elements just sort of fell into place. The layout actually came together quite quickly but ... well, life is crazy and sometimes deadlines become a little "soft". :)
Here are a couple of close ups of the details.
 
The next two pages took me some time to finish. Here they are:


Sorry about all the carpet in the shots. I had it all cropped in Picasa but for some reason the crop didn't translate when I imported it into my Blog. Hmmm ... blogging stuff to learn I guess.
So I had the base laid out and knew which pictures I wanted to include (I'd worked it out during one of the more boring sections of my construction detailing class at BCIT!!!) but while the layout of some of them came easy, the littler ones had me stumped for awhile. My printer screwed up so not all of them had a white border that I could easily use to mount them. I could have reprinted them but I'd already fought several times with my printer so ... I finally got the idea of mounting some onto a bit of brown cardstock which had the added bonus of tying the two pages together more. Then the journalling and the embellishments had me stratching my head again. I'm still getting the hang of journalling. I could say so much! How to condense it onto little bits of paper is my problem!! Also, what do I really want to be recorded for all eternity?! Hopefully when Marley looks at this 20+ years from now my scribbles make sense!!

Here are some close ups of the journalling and embellishments:


I have to give a big shout out to my friend Sandra (Stamper on the 'Shore) for the butterflies. I won those in her Blog Candy contest a little while ago and they are awesome! Thanks Sandra!! Marley also loved picking out which ones went onto this layout. (BTW Sandra's having another Blog Candy giveaway which you should check out here.)
Well, that's all I have done so far. As I get more pages completed I'll post them. Shall we start a pool on when the whole album will be finished? 2015?! LOL!

4 comments:

  1. Looks great - thanks for the shout out about the blog candy (and the butterflies) Maybe we can convince you to enter in a SPCC colour challenge soon?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh hey and I forgot to add. Try cropping on the free program Gimp. I believe you download it from GIMP.com and you can add watermarks to your work as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great layouts!! Good for you for starting at the beginning - I abandoned my first daughter's baby album - found journaling too difficult since I don't remember anything anymore...lol!

    ReplyDelete